Last Race Before Gold Coast Australia Event.
Yesterday I raced in the Lake Sammamish Sprint Triathlon. My mom wanted to see me race before heading off to the World Championships so I signed up for this local race close to home. The race sold out and drew 700 participants. As I drove to the race the rain started falling. I arrived an hour before the start of the race. Generally I advise my triathlon team to get there at least 90 minutes prior to the start of the race so they do not feel rushed. As I walked to the swim start I saw my mother and friends who had come to cheer me on.
This is a list of my top nine favorite races. It is not in a specific order because I highly recommend all of these races. It’s not a top ten list because I’m leaving a spot open for the world championships.
- Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon – 1.5 mile swim, 18 mile bike, 8 mile run www.escapefromalcatraztriathlon.com
- Pacific Crest ½ Ironman – 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run www.racecenter.com/pacificcrest
- Hagg Lake Olympic Triathlon – 1.5 k swim, 40 k bike, 10 k run www.racecenter.com/hagglake
- Whisky Dick Triathlon – 1 mile swim, 28 mile bike, 8.8 mile run www.whiskydick.com
- Boston Marathon – 26.2 miles www.bostonmarathon.org
- Wild Sky Adventure Race – 30 mile mountain bike, 15 mile trail run, 10 mile white water raft www.trioba.com/triobahome.html
- Ironman Canada – 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run www.ironman.ca
- Mountain to Sound Multi Sport Race – 22 mile mountain bike, 45 mile road bike, 12 mile kayak, 13.2 mile road run, 6 mile road run. www.mountainstosound.com
- Ironman UK – 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run www.ironmanuk.com
This morning I raced the Olympic distance triathlon down in Ocean Shores. The weather was perfect for racing. It was a little overcast with temperature in the high 60s. It was a two loop swim and we had to exit the water and run over a timing mat before swimming the second loop. I used the swim as my warm up for the bike and run. There were four people ahead of me when I came out of the water. The first guy out of the water was 5 min and 10 seconds ahead of me. I had a fairly quick transition from swim to bike 57 seconds.