12 Great Training Tips to Slim Down for Summer
Spring and summer often gives us all a sense of urgency to lose any extra winter weight before pulling out those spandex cycling shorts and bathing suits. Here are 12 great tips to take the winter weight off quickly:
1) Grocery shopping on the boarder of the store and try and stay out of the aisles. The boarder of the store is were you will find the vegetables, fruits, dairy, meat, fish, poultry, multi-grain or 100% whole wheat bread and other smart choices. The aisles are where you will find most of the junk such as crackers, cookies, frozen foods, sugar, flour, salt, overly processed food, etc.
2) Drink a glass of water before every meal and then have another glass of water with your meal. Most of use are not well hydrated which can make us feel hungry when we are really thirsty for water. Water should be your beverage of choice throughout the day.
3) Increase your fiber intake.
4) Write down everything that goes into your mouth within 5 minutes of eating it.
5) Do not add sugar and cream to your coffee or tea.
6) Cut out the alcohol.
7) No fried foods.
8) Try to eat five well balanced small meals spread throughout the day. Example: Meal 1 at 7 AM, Meal 2 at 10 AM, Meal 3 at 1 PM, Meal 4 at 4 PM and meal 5 at 7 PM. This will help you from getting too hungry during the day and will also keep your metabolism active.
9) Say no to spreads and condiments. Butter, sugar, salt, mayonnaise, and other processed condiments are detrimental for losing weight.
10) Turn off the TV. Television is filled with adds for junk food and promotes is the number one tool for a sedentary lifestyle. Turn off the TV and go for a walk to exercise your body, or turn off the TV and pick up a book to exercise your brain.
11) At least once a week look at yourself naked in the mirror. Be honest about what you like and what you would like to work on. The mirror can be a great motivator to eat healthy and exercise.
12) Start a regular exercise routine. This will help you burn calories and shape your body.